Whether you want to put on a wingsuit for the first time, train to compete in wingsuit racing or as part of an acro team, or just flock for fun, our coaches are here to help.
Load Organizing Calendar: https://lightningflight.com/calendar
First Flight Training
Why Abu Dhabi Skydive?
What sets our training apart is personal attention and a clear progression. While some wingsuit schools do only one coach jump with their beginner course, we ask you to spend a day with us and leave as an independent wingsuiter with a plan for additional skills to practice on your own.
What is the First Flight Course?
Our First Flight Course lasts for a full day and includes a comprehensive classroom briefing, followed by a minimum of four one-on-one coached jumps. It is designed to clear you for solo supervision and introduce you to the fundamentals of wingsuit relative work.
What are the requirements to take the First Flight Course?
- A minimum of 200 skydives (required by the United States Parachute Association)
- A high level of currency (40 jumps in the last two months or similar) on your own gear
- A USPA B-license or equivalent
- A docile main parachute, ideally a 7-cell, loaded at no more than 1.3:1. If you don’t have your own, you can use one of our demos (subject to availability).
- BOC (Bottom of Container) deployment system
- Pilot chute in excellent condition, at least 28 inches in diameter with a lightweight handle. We recommend theSquirrel SkySnatch, which comes in 26-inch and 30-inch sizes. Because of the superior design, both sizes are acceptable.
- A bridle between 7 and 9 feet in length (measured from pin to pilot chute)
- Visual hand- or chest-mount altimeter and audible altimeter
- Helmet (either full-face or open)
- AAD (Cypres, Vigil, MARS)
Abu Dhabi Skydive has an on-site gear store.
Do you have a wingsuit I can use?
We have a full size range of Squirrel beginner and intermediate wingsuits. We offer the free use of a Squirrel Hatch for all students taking our First Flight Course. We encourage our students to progress as soon as they are safely able to the Swift, which we offer for rent on a per-jump or per-day basis. If you know you want to continue wingsuiting, we will measure you for a suit of your own (delivery time is 5-6 weeks).
We also offer Performance Designs Horizon canopies as free demos to our First Flight Course students. This ultralight, wingsuit specific canopy packs easily into containers at least one size smaller, allowing you to upsize for a safer wing loading (recommended 1.3: 1 or lower).
For prices and more information: https://lightningflight.com/start-wingsuiting
What type of coaching do you offer?
We offer coaching for all levels and all disciplines within wingsuiting, including:
Basic relative work
Competition-level individual and team training